Friday 14 November 2014

Our regular orders at Din Tai Fung

Me at Din Tai Fung
Gabriel and I would routinely visit Din Tai Fung at least once a week. The food there is just too good! I've included in this post some of the usuals that we always get. 

Oriental Salad in Special Vinegar Dressing ($4)
I love this. I always get this. It's so refreshing and crunchy. Toppled with the tangy vinegar dressing is a hint of spice. The mix of seaweed, bean sprouts, bean curd, vermicelli is such a good mix.

Noodles with Spicy Sesame and Peanut Sauce ($7.30)
I like this a lot. It has a nutty and sesame flavor to it. It's also really spicy. I wouldn't recommend this if you are spice intolerant. Also, i do not think everyone would like this nutty flavor. I personally like this noodle a lot but if you're not the unconventional sort, i think you shouldn't order this.

Dry Noodle Tossed in Special Sauce ($8.50)
What you see in the picture is what you get. For me, this is a must try! It's very fragrant and well flavored with sesame and soy sauce. It's topped with a generous serving of chopped spring onions too. I always order this.

Fried Rice with Egg ($7)
This is yet another must try on the list! There is a hint of butter in the fried rice. It's probably cooked over a very big fire which gives it its smokey taste. When you bite into the rice, you'll find that it's of a rather starchy texture, which to me works perfectly fine.

Steamed Pork Dumplings ($9.80 for 10)
This is one of their signatures! It's also a must try! What i love about these steamed pork dumplings is that the meat is rather lean. These dumplings also contain soup which somehow is rather interesting and tasty.

Steamed Vegetable and Pork Dumplings ($9.80 for 10)
You'll be surpassed to find that this is 90% vegetable and only 10% pork. I wouldn't suggest you getting it. I personally like it as i find it very healthy (I am health conscious). Also, not many people would like the taste of it. It's pretty much an acquired taste- the more you try this, the tastier it gets!

Steamed Pork Buns ($1.60 for 1)
The filling is the same as the Steamed Pork Dumplings. I personally like their buns as i feel i'm getting so much more filling compared to the dumplings. It's really value for money because one bun is only about a dollar plus.

Steamed Chilli Crab and Pork Bun ($5.30 for 3)
For those who are not afraid of the spice and enjoy crab this is definitely a must get! I can taste the crab bits in this and having the bun there to absorb the spicy sauce is just divine. This is easily my top favourite on the Din Tai Fung menu!

The service at Din Tai Fung is always very efficient. They regularly top up your tea. They don't bring to you the bill though, you would have to go to the counter to pay for your meal.

If you're looking for a chinese restaurant with affordable prices and good food, Din Tai Fung will not disappoint!

Their list of restaurants may be found here: http://www.dintaifung.com.sg/locate-us.php.

No comments:

Post a Comment