Sunday 25 January 2015

Our favourite italian place! & Leaving for Sydney...

Can't believe it's finally time to fly off for my student exchange. I'll still update this blog regularly and still have quite a few posts about some of the nice cafes/restaurants that Gabriel and I have been visiting though.

I'll be flying off in about 8 hours? I'm so excited and yet nervous at the same time. I'll really miss my family, Bethany and Cutie. I pray that God will keep my loved ones safe and also guide me during this new phase! Other than that, i'm excited to experience what studying in a new country is like. I'm excited to soak in the culture and of course, celebrating my birthday and Chinese New Year overseas!

Anyways, on the last day of the year, Gabriel brought me to my favourite italian place– Bruno's! The food here is really fantastic and after having italian food here, i can't seem to find any place comparable to this! We've been going here quite regularly until the manager recognizes us. We've been here for valentine's day and so many other occasions.


Here's a picture of me while waiting for the food. The place was so crowded on new year's eve so i don't really recommend going there on a public holiday. Since it was a public holiday, we had to wait a little longer for our food but don't worry, they serve a complimentary bread basket in case you're too hungry!
Awww <3
This was our first time ordering an appetizer at Bruno's. Since it was new year's eve, we thought we should do something different and we decided to be more adventurous? We ordered their parma ham platter… but we were disappointed.

I think you should give their appetizers a miss at this place. Our parma ham platter did not look appetizing at all, and it was too much ham for two people. We had to eat this with the complimentary bread we were given too. We actually thought that the parma ham platter would be accompanied with some rockets? Sadly, we were literally served with only parma ham.

Parma Ham Platter
I can't remember the price for this? I think it was 23+ for it.



We ordered this vegetable pizza. It has cucumbers, zucchini, peppers and mozzarella cheese. Just looking at the pictures here is making me hungry! This pizza looks simple but its surprisingly good! We saw that the bunch of girls sitting beside us had ordered this too. The pizza was not moist and wet even though the toppings consisted of vegetables. I'll definitely order this again. It's one of the cheaper items too. It costs us $22.

Lobster and Crayfish Pasta 
This costs us $25. It was the best pasta i ever had in my entire life! I'm not even kidding. The lobsters were so fresh and sweet and they were so generous with their crayfish too! If you're a seafood fan, this is a must get! The sauce had a tinge of smokey flavor to it and yet it was slightly tangy at the same time. Overall, this was a sweet tomato based creams sauce. You can't get it on the menu but they have this dish on their menu boards so do look out for it!

Their crabmeat pasta is perfect too. I don't have a picture of it because we didn't order it that day but we usually get their crabmeat pasta as well. I prefer the lobster and crayfish pasta just by a little bit though. I think they're pretty comparable and probably the best pastas i've ever had.

Seafood risotto
This costs $26. This had a slightly more tangy sauce than the lobster and crayfish pasta. This had fresh tomatoes in it as well as an assortment of seafood like squid, cockles, crayfish, prawns, fried fish. They were so generous with their seafood i felt like i was just eating a bowl of seafood. There wasn't too much risotto as well (which is good since i don't like too much of carbs.) The consistency and texture of the risotto was just right. This dish is good as well, but can't be compared with the above two pastas i mentioned.


Look at all the remains of all the seafood we had that day. This probably gives you an idea how generous Bruno's is with their ingredients!

This is a perfect place to go for excellent italian food. I thought it wasn't too pricey for the quality and taste you're getting. Remember to call to make reservations as this place is sometimes quite crowded!

Bruno's Pizzeria & Grill
344 Tanjong Katong Road
Singapore 437113
Tel: 64404525

So this marks the last post before i leave for Sydney. I'll definitely update this space as soon as i get wifi over there. Goodbye Singapore!

No comments:

Post a Comment